Since the Second World War, the Middle East has suffered a seemingly unending period of war, foreign domination, ecological devastation and mass resistance to the region’s ruling classes. In this book, that resistance speaks in its own words. Roland Rance and Terry Conway have gathered together some of the most powerful articles written in the last sixty years by socialist, ecologist and anti-Zionist activists across the region.
The topics in this book include:
- • The legacy of 1948, when Israel was created
- • The destruction of Palestine
- • Lebanon’s experience of war after war
- • Iraq’s devastation
- • The Zionist context
- • The contradictions of religion
- • What the ‘New World Order’ meant for globalisation, the environment and Zionism
Terry Conway is one of the editors of Socialist Resistance and also of International Viewpoint. She is a leading member of the Fourth International, the world socialist organization founded by Leon Trotsky in 1938.